Thursday, January 26, 2012

Indoor Track Season Begins!


Half of our TWU team ran at the University of Washington Opener on January 14.  I was so excited to have jumpers and sprinters with us this year!!!  Fiona, Blair and I ran our 3000m at 5:00 ish so our coaces didn’t even let us come to the track until later, so we watched our teammates on flotrack and caught the USA Olympic Marathon trials on TV which developed my 3k race goal: to run my race with their marathon pace! Yeesh! They are speedy human beings!

During my race I got stuck behind a wall of slow ladies but still managed to pull off a 15sec PB!  Woo hoo!  Also, I was dealing with a glute issue (a different type of 'glute' issue from my mom -hee hee) so I was happy that I felt okay enough to run!  The pain that came after was manageable. :]

My Time: 10:18.18 
Watch it here.

P.S. My mom is gluten intolerant - hee hee

No comments:

Post a Comment