Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bad Dog

Courir... Je suis tombé et ai été débordé!
Running...Running...Bad Dog...Running

Mmm...meaty
Yup, I was attacked by a dog on my long run at Aldergrove Park.  The worst part was that the lady, who had her two German Shepherds on leashes, didn’t do anything!  She looked at me and walked away without asking me if I was okay or not.  The hole in my upper right thigh soaked my shorts in blood and dripped into shoe.  I finished my run – I was in the tempo part of my workout! And I had to get back to my car.   

Thank you for Rochelle and Phillip at TWU’s Athletic Therapy station who cleaned me up and made "If I ever see that woman..." statments :]

The next day I was grossly swollen and the bruise covered a large portion of my leg.  It is three months later, the wound has closed (it was a large tooth size hole and some side scratches) but I am left with scarred memories.  Also, my heart rate increases every time I pass dogs on my runs and I spot German Shepherds wherever I go.

This looks like a safe dog

No comments:

Post a Comment