Thursday, June 27, 2013

Edmonton ITU 2013


Today I get to post epic pictures because I had my main man and media guy cheering me on at this race.

It was a beautiful sunny day.

I was well rested and trained up.

No flats.  No crashes. Always a few blisters.  Great competition.  Carefully organized course.

And…

I won!  I won with an overall personal best and PB’s in all of my splits!  Finally! Thank you, Lord.  1st in the Collegiate Championship division for my university Trinity Western, and 1st overall female!

Total time: 2:06:53.9
Swim: 22:24.7 (my fastest time yet, but looking for a sub 21:00)
Bike: 1:04:17.6 (with hills!)
Run: 37.09.8 (so happy with this time! I’ve known for a while now that I should be able to run a 37:00 or less at the end of a triathlon and finally! Finally! It’s here.)

The next closest female clocked in at a 2:14- (+9min) and I wouldn’t have ended anything less than 5th place in any male category.  I hope this shows TriCanada that Jackson CAN race elite World Cups!!!  It was tough watching the women’s elite race later in the afternoon because, although I would have been last out of the water, I would have very well passed the stragglers on the bike AND caught the trail pack and….and…who KNOWS what would have happened!  I had to keep reminding myself that I am very happy with my age group overall win and more than that the great time I was able to produce.

Thank you so much to my amazing fan squad: my hubby Alex, Ma & Pa Farkash, my broskie Nathan and miss Terri, Denise Totman my friend and swim butt-kicker ;) and of course the AIA Triathlon team who you could find on every corner of that race course it seemed!!!

ACTIONjackson is very blessed!
AIA racers

No comments:

Post a Comment