Saturday, October 06, 2012

Squeezing In A 6K before NZ


The Lake Padden race is a cross country race that we are fairly familiar with at TWU.  We have raced there three years in a row now and we keep getting faster!

Here is how it went: I had been researching ‘imagery techniques’ for my Sport Psychology class and put them to good use the night before the race: I played out several scenarios of the race in my mind – winning each one of course!  So I really felt totally mentally prepared.  Also, run training for NZ has been going really, really well.  In practice I look strong and I have been having good consistent times to prove it!   

Still to my surprise I won 2nd place at today’s race :)

Next up New Zealand!  Here we go 10 DAYS!

Check out TWU’s Game Recap, Photos and Video Interviews on the race here.

No comments:

Post a Comment